We are all in a mask moment! With most of the face covered, farewell are the days of a chiseled contour, glowing cheekbones, and mastering your lipstick game. Now is the time to show your eyes some "LOVE" by focusing on some anti-aging eye tips when wearing a face mask!
It Is All About The Eyes
That's right; our eyes are taking center stage this holiday season, but are your eyes ready to be the center of attention? Do you have the correct loving eye cream, skincare, and other beauty essentials? Before you jump in headfirst with a glamorous holiday eye look, undereye contour, and dramatic lashes. You first need to make sure your skincare eye routine is in check. Unless, of course, you want to accentuate fines lines and puffy eyes.
Anti-aging Tips For The Eyes
The skin around the eyes is thinner and more delicate than other areas of the face. It is one first places to show signs of aging, like crow's feet, fine lines, puffiness, and reduced elasticity, all of which become more prominent with age. And if that isn't bad enough, stress, bad sleeping habits, even your diet can accelerate the signs of aging!
But no worries, as we have some tips for you to take into the holiday season with our "Best Anti-Aging Eye Tips When Wearing A Face Mask."
Show Your Eyes Some Love With A Moisturizing Eye Cream
Eye cream is a must, especially now. But what should you consider when shopping for an eye cream? Because the eyes are sensitive, you want to look for a vegan eye cream free of harsh fragrances and synthetics. Look for active ingredients that are anti-inflammatory, soothing, and calming when applied to the skin, like CBD, which can instantly revive superficial eye wrinkles (the number one reason for makeup to crease and settle). It also helps to immerse your skin in moisture while soothing and brightening.
Wondering what type of eye cream to use? Why not consider using our Eye Love Eye Cream infused with full-spectrum CBD oil.
By adding this cream to your regimen, you can reduce puffiness, diminish dark circles, and combat fine lines and wrinkles, for smoother, brighter, younger-looking eyes.
Your Beauty Sleep Can Age You
Yes, beauty sleep is a real thing. While some skincare junkies think they are on top of this by investing a lot of money on night creams, they do not realize their sleeping routine can also cause wrinkles! What? Sleeping can make you look older?? It sure can; check out some of the sleep aging culprits below.
- Sleeping Posture: If you sleep on your stomach or side, your face is usually pressed into your pillow, causing your skin to fold, accelerating wrinkles.
- Solution: Train yourself to sleep on your back.
- Too Many Pillows: Sleeping on too many pillows can cause fluid to settle around your eyes, causing puffiness.
- Solution: Elevate the head to prevent the gravitational redistribution of fluid associated with eye swelling.
- The Wrong Kind Of Pillowcases: While a cotton pillowcase is one of the most common, it is not so friendly for your face. First, cotton causes friction, leading to irritation, dryness, and tugging on the skin. It is also a magnet to attract dirt and bacteria, exposing the complexion to oxidative stress from free radicals that break down the collagen and elastin.
- Solution: Unlock your skin's youthful potential by sleeping on silk pillowcases. Silk pillowcases help prevent future sleep lines, eye, and forehead wrinkles, as they allow for more movement.
- Sleeping With Your Eye Makeup On: During the day, you are exposed to tons of oxidative stress. And when you sleep with your makeup, you do not give your skin a chance to recover, contributing to premature aging.
- Solution: Remove your eye makeup every night before bed! This also goes for heavy foundation and oil-based primers. Your skin restores, recovers, renews, and repairs at night, and sleeping in makeup can interrupt this process. It can also lead to clogged pores, flare-up, and dullness.
- Bonus: Add a gentle foaming wash and nightly exfoliating facial pads enriched with antioxidants to your nightly skin routine to deeply cleanse and purify the skin from makeup and impurities.
When looking for "Anti-Aging Eye Tips," some do not realize your diet can play a big part. The comment you are what you eat has never been truer. And unfortunately, with the pandemic, people are starting to form lousy eating and drinking habits, both of which can take a toll on the delicate eye contour area.
Solution: Reduce your alcohol intake and salt consumption as these are one of the primary reasons for puffiness around the eyes. To hydrate and nourish the delicate area around the eyes, you need healthy levels of vitamins, antioxidants, and other nutrients.
If you notice a sudden formation of wrinkles or dull, sunken skin around the eyes, do not panic. This withered appearance is usually caused by dehydration. So, what are you to do?
- Exfoliate: Dehydration can cause an accumulation of dry skin, which amplifies the appearance of wrinkles and prevents product absorption. To remove this dull, dry skin, make sure to gently exfoliate around the eye contour and eyelids with a product containing hydroxy acids.
- Moisturize: Correct dehydrated eye wrinkles and fine lines with a hydrating moisturizer containing advanced peptides to stimulate the natural production of hyaluronic acid.
- Drink Plenty Of Water: Water is the best beverage when it comes to keeping the body hydrated. Not a fan of plain ole water? Why not consider adding an extra boost of antioxidants by infusing it with fruit.
Take A Break From The Computer Screen
With what is going on in the world, more people are working remotely. From laptops and computers to our cell phones, these devices are part of our everyday life that most cannot live without! But what we can live without is the potential skin damage and eye strain from the constant use. Hence, set some downtime to give your eyes a break from these devices.
So, there you have it, our anti-aging eye tips to keep your eye area looking bright and youthful. Now, you are ready to play up your glamorous holiday eye to look festive while wearing a face mask!